Islam & Pluralistic Structure in the Western Societies
A principled response after the Charlie Hebdo saga
From the Prophet migration to Madinah Munawwarah to the present, throughout the history the Ummah has enjoyed a pluralistic society whose structure and modus operandi are well entrenched in the Qur’an, Sunnah and Sīrah.
The aim of this paper is to clarify the Pluralistic mechanisms of Islam which facilitate their implementation in our western societies.
The objectives are to convey the pluralistic structure to the audience and allow the participants to activate them in their daily lives.
The mission is to learn Islamic pluralism enshrined in its sacred sources and to implement it.
By embedding the pluralistic structure learned from Islam and Muslims into the Society, it is envisaged to create a far harmonised global society.
- By grasping them, it will enhance our nature of engagement with the government, different institutions and other faiths.2. They will form principles of upholding the pluralist backbone which existed in the Ummah from the hijrah, migration till the present day.3. It will allow us to raise the canopy of Islam even higher than the present where we naïvely nowadays submit to every governmental legislative changes (such as hate speech laws), decided by a handful people of our community against the majority.4. Understanding Islamic pluralism gives us a greater strategic advantage and grants us the optimum modus operandi when dealing with the society and a better principled leverage with the government.
6. It will enhance our vision and mission for the future in the western hemisphere.
7. It allows us to create a dynamic Muslim community.
8. It will enhance harmony with other faith and non faith groups including the government.
9. It will encourage the Imams and Du’at (preachers) to employ positive thinking regarding the fluidity, rigidity and progressiveness of the Ummah at all times including challenging periods.
10. It will enhance our leadership as an Ummah and leading members of the Ummah.