In the name of God, Merciful to all, Compassionate to each!
My dear beloved brothers and sisters,
We as Muslim should see the positive in every situation. In light of this, I just wanted to share some advice that InshaAllah will be beneficial for us during these times.
- Let us make Niyyah (intention) of performing Itikaf (seclusion) during the quarantine period. This can be done by allocating a room in your house especially for that.
- Let us try to stay in wudhu (ablution) as much as possible.
- One way of connecting with Allah is through his own words which is to recite the Quran. Also this is a wonderful opportunity to read the whole Quran in the language you understand via a translation. You can achieve this by reading 1 1/2 jazz (parts) a day during the 21 day quarantine.
- Call the Adhan in the house and try to pray together in Jama’ah with other family members at the prescribed times (Follow your normal local masjid iqamah time table).
- Pray your Sunnah and Nawafil along with your Fard.
- Thereafter sit and recite the prescribed Adhkar after Salah, which are aspects of our Deen that many have stopped performing.
- Let us pray Tahajud, as well as praying Shuruq, Salatul Hajah, Salatul Tawbah, Salatul Tasbih, etc.
- Let us try to observe fasting on Monday’s and Thursdays.
- Let us read the Sirah of our Beloved Prophet (SAW), especially together with our families.
- Let us reconnect with our loved ones over the phone and check on their well-being. Make them smile and comfort them; there is extra reward in doing so!
Remember our Beloved Prophet (SAW), was in self isolation in the Cave of Hira when he received Prophethood.
Allah (swt) says in the Quran in Surah Al-Imran verse 26:
Say: “O Allah! Master of all the Kingship, You give the kingdom to whom You please and take away the kingdom from whomsoever You please; You give honour to whom You please and disgrace to whom You please; all the good is in Your hand; surely You have power over everything.
It is Allah who gives and takes and all good is in Allah’s hands and control. Be hopeful that we will gain his pleasure and will bestow his Khair (Good) upon us!
These above are some of the easiest ways to get reward for staying in the house. We may not be able to go to our physical place of work and business to conduct day to day business, but we can still do business with Allah!
Sh Afdal Feroz
Trustee & Executive Board Member, The BBSI